- VirtualBass is free to use. If you like it, please click the "Like"-button and send it to your friends!
- It doesn't work! Html5 audio does not yet work with all browsers
- How can I help? You could record your own bass! Please contact me and I'll tell you how!
Discussions and comments
- Post general questions and comments to this thread at talkbass.com or this thread at basschat.co.uk
- In Finnish also this thread at muusikoiden.net
- You can contact me directly at
- Leaks memory, might crash your browser!!
- Does not work in all browsers, currently tested with Firefox 3.6.16 and Chrome 10.0
- More basses. Feel free to contact me if you want to submit samples!
- Options for buffering
- Support for more browsers - but this is not really in my power
- VirtualBass 0.7 - 2011-06-03
- Left-handed option added
- VirtualBass 0.6.1 - 2011-05-24
- Bugfix: Backspace now works correctly on 5-string tabs
- VirtualBass 0.6 - 2011-05-23
- Optional note names on top of tab
- Better IE 9 support, seems to work OK now
- VirtualBass 0.5 - 2011-05-17
- 5-string version (thanks to Matti Y-P for the samples!)
- Double buffering for smoother play, more memory-intense though.
- BPM control
- Better session control - your settings are stored for your next visit
- VirtualBass 0.4 - 2011-05-09
- Support for different tunings, still experimental
- Code revised for 5-string support (still no samples though)
- VirtualBass 0.3 - 2011-04-07
- Rests can now be added to tabs
- "Loop" checkbox added to loop playback
- Playback code completely rewritten, seems to work better now
- Confirmation added to the clear tab button
- Warning text if the client does not support html5 audio
- VirtualBass 0.2 - 2011-04-05
- Basic playback supported
- Code revised for consistency
- Added (still temporary) fretmark for 12th fret
- VirtualBass 0.1 BETA - 2011-04-04
- first beta release